- UTU TAX FREE CARD (the “UTU Card”)
1.1 The UTU Card is a virtual card with a standard 16-digit number, provided to Users who register for the product through the App. It is issued by UAB NIUM EU, a company registered in Lithuania who is acting as an Issuer and Bin Sponsor for the UTU Card. (the “Issuer”). The UTU Card is subject to the terms and conditions from Nium as set out here.
1.2 A User personal information and transaction details may be provided to the appointed service providers and data processors for the purposes of Know your client (KYC), checks and anti-money laundering monitoring, registration of the UTU Card and providing the products and services.
1.3 User consent to the following in relation to the UTU Card:
- a) User consents that UTU and the Issuer will provide User with a virtual card which is to be used solely to receive User’s VAT refund amount upon successful registration.
- b) User consents that funds received from the VAT Refund Operator (the “VRO”) on the UTU Card will be assigned to UTU for the sole purpose of enhancing the value of the refund via rewards and /or additional cash benefit in the form of reward that utu has agreed to provide to user as set out in the App.
- c) User consents the above mentioned funds being transferred from the UTU Card to utu’s account for the sole purpose of conversion to rewards.
- d) User consents to UTU imposing processing / conversion fees in relation to the rewards which shall be imposed on the VAT refund amount.
1.4 The process of receiving and converting the funds to rewards as follows:
- UTU Card is activated upon successful registration by User and User’s request and User then uses the card number provided as their preferred refund channel on the VAT refund form to receive the tax refund amount.
- User is required to choose the form of reward for the VAT refund amount on the App at registration for the UTU Card.
- Once VAT refund amount is received on the UTU Card from the VRO, the VAT refund amount is immediately transferred to the Issuer as per the schedule agreed between the issuer, processor and utu.
- At the direction of the User consented at registration, the issuer transfers the amount to the designated rewards processing partners to complete the rewards process.
- The VAT refund amount is then converted to the rewards as per the users’ preselected choice on the App.
- User receives the reward and a confirmation is provided via notification to the User’s account on the App.
1.5 The UTU Card set out in these Terms is issued to User as a virtual card without a physical card. The UTU Card can only be used for the purposes of receiving the VAT refund amount. The UTU Card does not support cash deposit or withdrawals and other related physical or virtual card functions, pre-authorized transaction related services, including but not limited to ATM, POS, electronic cash, and flash payment.
1.6 The regulators of the issuer may publish new or amended regulations on virtual cards from time to time. Any new requirements shall be published on the App for Users from time to time when using the UTU Card.
1.7 User agrees that UTU has the right to amend, modify and/or supplement these Terms by way of notice to Users on the App. The User is invited to pay attention to the notice. If the User does not wish to continue to use the UTU Card after notice of such amendment or modification or wishes to terminate the usage of the UTU Card, the User can simply terminate the UTU Card by contacting utu at customer service. The termination of the card is immediate upon user’s notification.
1.8 The tax refund requested using any VROs tax free forms is at the sole discretion of the said VRO and UTU will not be responsible for any refund requests rejected by VROs.
1.9 The UTU Card is valid for a limited period and can only be used for receiving tax-refunds. The expiration date will be shown on the UTU Card. The Issuer and/or UTU may decline a transaction, place restrictions on the UTU Card or apply special security procedures in respect of transactions if:
- It is reasonably believed that the transaction poses a high risk of fraud;
- It is reasonably believed that the transaction would be in breach of these Terms;
- In the reasonable belief of the Issuer and/or UTU that there is a risk to the security of your Card or personal data;
- If the Issuer and/or UTU believe a transaction is unauthorised, illegal or fraudulent.
- ADVISING CHANGES OF PERSONAL DETAILS
Users are requested to promptly notify changes of name, address or contact details, such as telephone numbers or e-mail address, updating the details on the App within 14 days of the change by contacting at firstname.lastname@example.org
- USERS PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
4.1 Should there be any queries or concerns about the service provided under these Terms and Conditions please contact the Customer Services at email@example.com or call our customer service at: +44 (800) 041 8174
Please sign in to leave a comment.